Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Phase One

I have decided work with Dr. Anthony Collatos of Pepperdine University. This is an opportunity that came by way of Dr. Polin. His work is very interesting to me and it is related to the work of Peter Murrell who I was unable to get in touch with. I have talked to Dr. Collatos several times on the phone. He is doing research in the inner city studying or working with a parent advocate Mary Johnson to get the parents more involved in the education of their children. He has offered to mentor me through dissertation as well as mentor me and help me to understand his work. I will also be providing technology expertise or consultation as to what I think they should do. My first task is to have a web presence ready by the time he presents at AERA (http://www.aera.net).

I have reviewed what he has so far and I am thinking about using straight HTML or a blog versus Joomla for his initial site. I have also met him personally while I was at f2f in Los Angeles in January. I have received an information packet and he has guided me in looking at how to become involved in a school as an educational consultant and the possibilities of writing a grant. Right now I am working on my Memorandum of Understanding. I hope to complete it and get it to him this week. Right after that I will start to do something with his web presence.

Kai

No comments: